Visit the Tiverton Library on Earth Day for an outdoor art walk and place a vote for your favorite piece of art/sculpture, which will also be displayed indoors around the library to allow for social distancing! Visitors will receive wildflower seed bookmarks to take home and may join in to scatter extra seeds in the library’s garden.
Celebrating Earth Day, Art and Recyling!
***Prizes for 3 Winners: $25 Amazon gift cards
***Who can enter the contest?
Grades K-12 students in our partner school districts (Tiverton, Portsmouth, Middletown, Bristol, and Little Compton)
***How do I enter?
1st — Register by April 7th — emailing your name, grade, school, and contact phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd –Submit your artwork beginning Saturday, April 10th through April 13th in person or online – two options:
1. Drop off for display at the Tiverton Library, 34 Roosevelt Avenue OR
2. Email two (2) clear photos of front and back of your artwork and email with your name/grade/school to email@example.com
1. Only 1 entry per student. (Please include name, grade, school and contact information with your submission.)
2. Create a sculpture (abstract, animal, creature, etc.) or wearable art (jewelry, headwear, etc.) using only recycled materials. Recycled meaning materials that have been used at least once and would have otherwise ended up in your recycle bin or trash.
3. NO GLASS or materials that previously contained a hazardous substance are permitted to be used in recycled art piece. If you are unsure about something you may want to use please call CORE at (401)749-1203 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The only non-recycled materials permitted are glue, tape, screws and nails
5. Sculptures and wearable art pieces should be designed and built by students only.
6. Sculptures should not be so heavy or so large that it cannot be easily moved by 1 person. Size limit 3 feet x 3 feet.
–There will be a panel of three judges (TBA) and a public online vote for TWO winners based on best use/variety of materials and originality
.–KIDS’ CHOICE: A third winner will be chosen by a special vote taken by kids visiting the library IN PERSON on the day of the event – Earth Day, April 22nd. They will vote for their personal favorite!
The three winners of $25 Amazon gift cards will be announced at the end of the event on April 22nd.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com
Now go create! Good luck!